Visit our Photo Albums!

Monday, September 17, 2007

Sky 11/5/94 - 9/17/07

Sky - my loyal companion.


Sky passed away peacefully this morning. He was a very sensitive and loyal companion; always concerned about me and how I was feeling. If I were to cry, he was right there by my side to see what he could do for me. He was very happy to be the mascot of the sled dog team and enjoyed years of socializing puppies. He was also an anxious dog and he began rapidly declining in the past year. His quality of life was diminishing to the point that it was kinder to make the decision to put him down than to let him further decline.

He left the world in the sun room, on his favorite dog bed as soft classical music was playing in the background. Since his life was filled with anxiety, I wanted him to pass as peacefully as possible. He did.

This is a part of living your life in the company of dogs. It never gets any easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment