Visit our Photo Albums!

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Creativity Blossoms



Being on a sabbatical from my real estate appraising profession has given me all kinds of free mind space and I'm actually feeling creative again! I have spent this week doing things that have been on my really-want-to-do list for well over a year.

On Tuesday, I created a new wholesale introduction letter to include in my promo sample packet for Scent from Nature. I mailed ten of those out and on Wednesday, already, I was welcoming another wholesale customer! I do my follow-calls to the remainder tomorrow and ten more promo packets go out next week to potential customers from Alaska to New York.

This evening I've spent several hours updating and reformatting the photos on the Points Unknown website. I've got new and bigger photos on almost every page.

A glance out the window as I was typing revealed the below view. I couldn't help but be distracted for a moment.

What was seen in the east over Oake Lake when the sun set in the west tonight.

I will deeply miss this view once we make the move to the northwoods. This ever-changing sky scape that I see each time I look out my window has provided unending inspiration. If money were no object and we could afford to live in Watertown half the year and Hovland the other half, I would most certainly jump at the opportunity but, sadly, that scenario doesn't fall under the heading of "simple" and that is the goal.

When my head was filled with numbers and deadlines, momentary inspirational distractions only added to the pressure because one moment away meant more pressure once I returned. I had known for years that this was not the way I wanted to live and had been building the path little by little, that would lead me in the direction that called. I'm there now; at that fork in the road, just having taken my first step in the "right" direction.  Now, only two weeks away from the appraisal world, I find that I embrace each and every distraction. I feel a shift. My mind is peaceful. When a mind is peaceful, there is space for creativity and growth!